Saturday, February 25, 2012

nautical with a pop

I made an amazing discovery this morning: polyvore.com. I have only scratched the surface there, but basically, it's a site that lets you put together your own style boards - you can choose backgrounds, frames, text, photos, and most importantly: ALL KINDS OF CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES. This is sort of like that scene from Clueless where Alicia Silverstone's character has her computer choose her outfit for the day. Now granted, this isn't necessarily stuff you already have in your own closet, but if you love it enough, YOU CAN BUY IT! Or, in my case, less expensive versions of it. (See $1500 Jimmy Choo nude handbag below. Uh-damn.) You can also integrate your boards so that you can post them directly to your blog, as I've done here. Yay. You can search other people's boards, and of course, you can Pin to your heart's desire. Oh, and P.S. this is free. *cue choirs of angels*

Anyway... I have no doubt that my standard productivity will decrease as my "find things that I like and put them together somewhere on the internet" productivity increases. And I'm totally okay with that. Sometimes you need inspiration to make your life look the way it's supposed to look... it's the adult version of playing dress-up with endless possibilities.

 So, here's my first board: nautical with a pop. I love the idea of taking basics like the tee and navy blazer, pairing them either with jeans or a skirt, and adding a balance of neutral and colorful accessories. For this one, I was feeling the red-orange coral or turquoise against the blue and tans. I'm currently trying to live out my life's fantasy of moving to the New England coast by getting into the idea of nautical inspiration. I like that you can have the nautical-just-hanging-at-Cape Cod feel without going to the tacky extreme of wearing actual seashells or a lobster around your neck.


nautical with a pop

No comments:

Post a Comment