Thursday, December 1, 2011

an entire month of thanks

If you read my blog or follow me on twitter, you know that I made an effort to post the things I was thankful for each day in November, as a reminder of how many large and small wonderful blessings I have on any given day. It's been a nice change of pace from all the grumbling I seem to hear around me - and even the grumbling that has been coming directly from me. It's refreshing to let that stuff go sometimes and just be happy you have something simple like a cup of hot chocolate with toasted marshmallows. (Yes, that's a new trick I discovered - toasting them with a creme brulee torch = liquid s'mores. Win.)

So anyway... I thought I'd wrap it all up with a final summary of all the thanksgiving posts from the last month. I probably won't continue with the daily public posting, but I am going to make an effort to continue keeping track of those things privately. Now, to the list!

November 2
Today I'm thankful that I don't work at that college on the other side of town.
Today I am also thankful for fuzzy blankets and bubble baths. And fun fingernail polish.

November 3 
Today I'm thankful that it isn't 58 degrees in my office like it was yesterday. I'm also incredibly thankful I get to work with good people.

November 4
Today I am thankful for my incredibly comfortable bed, and I'm looking forward to crawling back into it tonight.

November 5
Today I am thankful that this morning's trip to Honeymoon Bakery was at least partially negated by the fact that I walked there.

November 6
Today I am thankful for the beautiful fall weather and changing leaves, football games, and hot beverages.

November 7
Today I am thankful that I have a car, even if it means I also have to make a car payment.

November 8
Today I am thankful for music: the gift to perform, study, teach, & listen; the opportunities & wonderful people it has brought to my life.

November 9
Today I'm thankful for the friends I've known the longest. Amazing to grow up and change while still maintaining the same bond. #BFFsAreReal

November 10
Today I'm thankful for soup. For real.

November 11
Today I'm thankful for my hairdresser Tina. She is not only super talented but also has a huge heart. Plus she's hilarious.

November 14
Took a technology break this weekend. Good times. Today, I'm thankful for great weekends that make all the crap in between worth it.
I'm also thankful for my mom, who is awesome and totally my BFF, as well as the opportunity to meet some new friends this weekend.

November 15
Today I am thankful for the rain and hopeful that it will help me sleep. Too much going on this week.

November 17
Today I'm thankful for my dad's surgical team, who completed his surgery with great success & is taking great care of him in the hospital.
And since I missed yesterday, today I'm also thankful for peach tea, which I believe might be the nectar of the gods. Second to wine. Yum.

November 18
Today I'm thankful that I have some holiday time coming up. Looking forward to a break. Light at the end of the tunnel, I see you.

November 19
Today I'm thankful for my awesome boss and co-workers who keep things going for me at a HUGE event so I can leave to take care of my dad.

November 20
Today I'm thankful for soft cotton PJs and high thread count bamboo sheets, and for parents who love and appreciate me.

November 21
Today I'm thankful for coffee & the Ok Go station on Pandora that my lovely friend Aajay shared with me. Good start to Monday.

November 22
Today I'm thankful for opportunities, and I pray for the wisdom to follow the right ones.

November 23
Today I'm thankful for today's 2.5 mile jog that will allow me to feel less guilty tomorrow. :) Oh, and Friends re-runs.

November 24
Today I'm thankful for family traditions: cinnamon rolls, Macy's parade, and coffee, all in our pajamas. Now time to finish food prep.

November 26
Yesterday I was thankful for shopping deals, finding Steelers stuff for my dad in Chattanooga of all places, and Love Actually.
Today I'm thankful that I got to sleep in and drink awesome coffee. Now helping my mom with Christmas decorations. Yay holidays.

November 27
Today I'm thankful for Dave Grohl. I don't think I need to explain any further. I just love him.

November 28
Today I'm thankful that payday is almost here. Gurl needs to do some Christmas shopping. And you know, buy food and pay bills.

November 29
Today I'm thankful that I didn't get stuck in what I assume to be Rome Christmas Parade traffic. Cold people all up in the way around here.

November 30
Today I'm thankful for the internet. So many ideas for Christmas gifts, decorations, recipes... Now to ignore it all and create my own! :)

Here's to hoping for and believing that there will be so many things to be thankful for this entire holiday season. Happy December!





No comments:

Post a Comment